CAREERS AT SEDA
With over 150 staff across Australia, SEDA is committed to attracting, developing and retaining great people. We want our staff to be the best they can be and be part of making a difference.
Our Values at Work – The Cornerstone of how we Behave
- we act with transparency, honesty and fairness. We own our own decisions and behaviours.
- we encourage new thinking, listen to ideas and have an open mind.
- we set high standards, give our best and are consistently reliable. We deliver on commitments.
- we work in partnership willingly. We share challenges and success.
The details you provide to us when applying for a position at SEDA are covered by the provisions of the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. In submitting an application, you authorise SEDA to use the information you have provided in the selection process for this position.
A range of selection activities may be undertaken to assess suitability including application and selection criteria, interviews, reference checks, qualification checks and other assessments.
- Exciting opportunity for a driven marketer to take the next step in their career!
- Work within a collaborative marketing team in a fun and relaxed culture!
- + 5 weeks annual leave!
So, what’s the role?
SEDA is now seeking a qualified and driven Marketing Coordinator to join their team in Hawthorn, VIC, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the National Marketing and Communications Manager you will be responsible for:
• Developing and executing marketing campaigns to target groups/areas and the wider community
• Assist with the management of relationships with key industry partners,
• Oversee the design of marketing material across the organisation.
• Managing key events including program launches and career expos
• Manage print, TV and radio advertising campaigns
• Provide detailed metrics including reports of marketing activities,
Now let’s talk about you.
You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of their Marketing and Communications team. This is a big role so it goes without saying that you will need a proven track record in a similar capacity to be considered, backed up by relevant tertiary qualifications in marketing or a related field.
Strong campaign management experience and stakeholder management skills are essential, as is a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator) and website content management systems.
Exposure to sports/community programs and a strong understanding of customer experience while not mandatory, would also be highly regarded. More importantly, you’ll be able to understand and relate to SEDA’s target demographic, as well as possess the ability to work and liaise with key internal stakeholders.
You will be an organised, team-oriented and personable individual, with excellent communication, planning and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines effectively.
A proactive self-starter, you will be dedicated to executing marketing projects to the highest calibre and working within a team of passionate, energetic and positive staff members, you’ll also need a winning attitude and a drive to succeed.
This role would be well suited to a Marketing Coordinator looking for their next career move or someone in a similar role looking for a new challenge.
And what are the perks?
• Career growth opportunities,
• Intensive on the job training,
• A relaxed and inclusive work culture,
• A competitive salary,
• A mobile phone and laptop,
• 5 weeks annual leave
Heard about SEDA before?
SEDA is an applied education provider that has developed a unique teaching and learning model that embraces a practical hands on approach to learning with strong partnerships, particularly in the sports industry. The model has seen SEDA establish over 30 partnerships with industry (including national and state sporting associations and elite clubs). These partnerships have provided students with first hand industry experience through an applied curriculum and flexible delivery model matched to student interests.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to take the next step up in their marketing career, within an organisation making a real and positive difference to the lives of children across Australia. Click here to download a copy of the Position Description and Apply Now!
Applications close on Wednesday 12th July.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for any of the current vacancies listed on this site, please read the position description. Selection will be based on assessment against the specified selection criteria. What you need to do:
- Obtain the position description and review against your own skills and attributes
- Update your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- Write a covering letter
- Address the selection criteria (if applicable)
- Submit your application to email@example.com
Your full application must be received by the specified closing date. Late applications may not be accepted. SEDA prefers to receive applications via email through firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens after you apply?
Application: After you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic email advising you that your application has been received.
Interviews: The interview process may consist of a one or two stage interview process. It may also include psychometric or competency-based testing. Interviews usually involve a panel of three, including a member of the People & Culture team and the Hiring Manager. This is an opportunity to obtain a detailed understanding of the role and the company, to discuss your career aspirations and to answer behavioural and skills based questions.
Referees: Please provide the name, location and day time contact telephone numbers of two referees, preferably your present and former supervisors. Your referees may be contacted at any time during the selection process, but are usually only contacted if you are considered to be in serious contention for the position.